Virtual Host Course
Every Virtual Facilitator Needs a Capable Virtual Host
More and more organizations are discovering the power and effectiveness of webinar-based learning. A mistake many first time webinar presenters make is in thinking that they can fly solo. There is a reason most large scale marketing webinars have a host and a presenter. It's so the presenter or facilitator can focus on the learning content and not get mired down in logistical and technical issues that often can surface in a webinar session. The virtual host (sometimes called the producer) performs a critical role supporting the virtual facilitator by managing all the behind-the-scenes aspects that can interfere with and distract from the learning experience, so the facilitator can focus on the needs of the participants.
NetSpeed Learning Solutions' Virtual Host Course* equips hosts and producers to both support the facilitator and troubleshoot common issues related to the use of their organization's webinar platform, thus providing effective and immediate solutions to common issues that typically arise during webinar training sessions.
This training will equip hosts and producers to both support the facilitator and troubleshoot common issues related to the use of their organization’s webinar platform, thus providing effective and immediate solutions to common issues that typically arise during webinar training sessions.
The course consists of the following elements:
- Course Assignments of downloadable resources and educational tutorials for Adobe Connect*
- 60 – 90-minute interactive web workshop going behind the scenes in Adobe Connect*
- 90-minute web workshop about the host in action in Adobe Connect*
- 90-minute interactive web workshop focused on technology trauma and how to recover from technology issues
* Note: The public course is delivered using Adobe Connect. Private courses are delivered using the client’s web conferencing platform.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Host effective webinar sessions using all of the web conference interaction tools (polling, chat, whiteboards, etc.)
- Describe best practices for virtual hosting
- Troubleshoot common technical problems
- Assist participants with troubleshooting behind the scenes
- Interact effectively with the webinar facilitator to create a more engaging webinar learning experience for the participants
(Approx. 4–5 hours of asynchronous coursework)
Beginning Assignment Set
Our first assignment set will allow learners to:
- Explain course expectations
- Read an excerpt from Cynthia Clay’s Great Webinars book about the importance of a host
- Select and manage audio profiles
- Set up an Adobe Connect meeting
- Attend a 60-90-minute web workshop
Mid Assignment Set
Our second assignment set will allow learners to:
- Review sample host scripts
- Use a job aid on how to manage the rights for annotation and other tools
- Review job aids and tutorials on managing Adobe Connect breakout rooms
- Attend a 90-minute web workshop
Final Assignment Set
Our final assignment set will allow learners to:
- Use Adobe Connect host guidelines (best practices)
- Review job aid on the ways to share videos/YouTube within an Adobe Connect meeting room
- Incorporate a webinar preparation checklist
- Attend a 90-minute web workshop
If you are looking to develop your skills as a virtual presenter or facilitator, learn about our Virtual Facilitator courses.